U.S. News & World Report, the global authority in hospital rankings, has released its 29th annual Best Hospitals list and 12 LUMEDX clients made the 2018-19 Honor Roll.
Designed to assist patients and their doctors in making informed decisions about where to seek care, the rankings compared more than 4,500 medical centers nationwide across 25 specialties, procedures and conditions. This year, a total of 158 hospitals were nationally ranked in at least one specialty. More than 1,100 hospitals were rated high performing in at least one common procedure or condition, and 29 received a high performance rating in all nine procedures and conditions evaluated.
For the third consecutive year, the Mayo Clinic claimed the No. 1 spot on the Best Hospitals Honor Roll. The Cleveland Clinic ranked No. 2. Both are LUMEDX clients. The Honor Roll is a distinction awarded to 20 hospitals that deliver exceptional treatment across multiple areas of care.
Here are the rest of the LUMEDX client hospitals that made the Honor Roll:
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- University of Michigan Hospitals-Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, Calif.
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- Duke University Hospital, Durham, N.C.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
In addition, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston ranked among the top five best hospitals in cardiology and heart surgery.
To see the whole Honor Roll, view this photo tour. You can also see the hospital rankings by specialty.